Wednesday 2 January 2013

A little bit of romance



Hi everyone, I'm back again today with a little bit of romance from the new and absolutely gorgeous 'With Love' collection even though I haven't really finished with my winter stamps yet, still some I need to use but I love cherubs and Bonny Tilda was calling :D. The element stamps in this collection are superb and I've been enjoying putting them to good use on this little Valentine postcard featuring 'Bonny Tilda', 'Flying Heart', 'New York' text, and 'Postcard' text.


I cut a piece of the Magnolia  'Love Postcards' paper, again the papers are very pretty in this collection to postcard size 6 inches x 4 inches and attached it to a piece of white card cut to the same size. The edges of the paper have been sponged with gathered twigs distress ink and then sanded back a bit to give a white edge. I painted over some gesso which was watered down to knock back the the colour of the paper a bit in the middle as I wanted to stamp and colour over the paper. 


I've coloured with pencils and shaded around the stamping to anchor it into the background. 


I added gem swirls, lace and flowers to finish off.


On the back I've created the writing part of the postcard with the text stamps again and then I've added some lines with a black pen for the middle and address. I sponged the edges and flicked on some watered down gathered twigs distress ink to give an aged look.

I'm entering my postcard into the 'anything goes' challenge at Magnolia Down Under Challenges where as always the inspiration makes you get your stamps out :)! 

Thank you as always for your lovely comments which are always appreciated.

19 comments:

Lillemor said...

Hi Chris!
What a gorgeuss Valentines postcard you have created!!! Just love the mox of colours and stamps, soooo beatiful and "Chris-like"! I wish you a Happy continuing on 2013, wonder what news and magic things this new year will bring to us!
Big Hugs Lillemor

Ankie vd Polder said...

Ohhh, this is so adorable. Love it. Hugs, Ankie

Yulis Kartika said...

oh my goodness !!!!! this is fantastic Chris, you are truly artist!

Love, Yulis xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Chris, first of all I want to wish you a happy newyear! Happiness, health and lots of creativity! I hope we'll see a lot of eachother in blogland. This is sooo pretty, love this project! HUgs Frea

Danielle Champagne said...

Magical! your little cherub seems to emerge from Middle ages paintings, I love the vintage style of your coloring, and all the prettly elements. So unique and personal Chris, Beautiful. Hugs.

Kelly said...

My jaw just drops and I am sick with love for this post card. Oh I love it a lot! Look at that cute butt on Bonny Tilda, I can hardly wait to get mine. You have create a beautiful art piece Chris, I love it.
Hugs Kelly

Brigitte said...

oMG, this is magical!!!!! Love your background and how you coloured over the patterned paper!!! Just another FANTASTIC creation! Hugs, Brigitte

Monique said...

That is sooooo beautifull Chris !! I love it.

Hugs Monique

Sarah - Crea S said...

Oooo, what a lovely postcard! Love this..

JenniferD said...

OMG looks like a piece of Picasso's work. Just Stunning! Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration in 2012! Cann't wait to see what comes out of your Blog in 2013! Hope you have a Wonderful New Year!

Annette said...

Naawww, how cute isn't this! Absolutely adorable and your colouring as always, to die for!
I really love your New Year's Edwin too!
Wish you a Happy New 2013!
Hugs Annette

Julie said...

Just gorgeous! I can't stop staring! A work of ART!

Hugs,
Julie

AndreaBastelmaus said...

Hallo Chris, oh mein Gott, was für ein niedlicher kleiner Liebesbote. Wer den nicht mag... Und dann die vielen schönen Dinge, die es auf deiner Karte zu entdecken gibt - WOW
Kisses - Andrea

Sinikka said...

Blogging is the best thing to do......and now I found your blog and this extreme beauty of a card.
Just love it.......the soft colors, flowers and the little angel.
Suberb
Hugs Sinikka

Debbie Pamment said...

sooo sorry for the problem you had with Mr. Linky over at MDUC. It's all fixed now and I have linked up your gorgeous card.
xXx

Kirsty said...

Hi Wow just love the whole idea of the postcard with your fantastic techniques and beautiful cherub ! I always learn something new ! Thanks ;0)

Janiel/ janny said...

Hello Chris........
Love this idea and your postcard is WONDERFUL!!! I love how you have used the gesso and colored over the papers. GREAT TIP!!

Thanks for joining us with the ANYTHING GOES at MDUC.
hugs.......

Janne said...

WOW, this is just so adorable. Love everything about it. Thanks for playing along with us at MDUC this week.
Hugs, Janne

Linda . J said...

Gorgeous card Chris the colours and your design are beautiful, it looks terrific, love the image.
Hugs Linda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails