Saturday 22 December 2012

Off to find a tree



Hi everyone, another Magnolia card to share today featuring 'Tilda in the forest' from the Christmas Story collection and I imagine her going off to find her Christmas tree :). Tilda is coloured with distress and watercolour markers and then cut out.


I've used a Memory Box three die cut in two ways for this card, the die cut pieces on the background glued down over some bazzil card and embellished with white acrylic paint and stickles and then on the tag I've used the waste as a stencil where I've sponged through Dusty Concorde distress ink over the top of the Silent Night stamped background stamping..


I've added Magnolia DooHickey snowflake, flowers, sparkly gems, a wooden snowflake and lots of silver pearl pen dots and white pen dots for snow. I attached the tag to the card with some dimension tape over the background and some seam binding ribbon and then added the chit chat sticker to finish off.

I'm entering my card into the Marvellous Magnolia challenge where theme this week is to use 2 or more Magnolia stamps and I've used Tilda and the Silent Night background.

Thanks as always for your lovely comments and over the Christmas break when I have time off work I hope to get to do some blog hopping and catch up with everyone. 


12 comments:

Kathleen said...

This is gorgeous Chris, I love the shades of purple and the use of the off cuts make a perfect background
Hope you and your family have a fabulous christmas and a happy and healthy new year
Hugs
Kat xx

Brigitte said...

OMG Chris!!!! YOur card is AMAZING, out of this world, just GORGEOUS!!!!! I love the doodling you add to your images and what a clever idea to use the waste for stencilling! I love your colour palette, I love everything about your creation! Thanks for joining us this week at Marvelous Magnolia and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

Sol said...

Stunning Coloring.. Love the Glitter on her clothes.. And that lilac color is Fantastic.. FAB FAB Colors.. and so Creative.. Great Details.. Love it! And love your coloring style.. :o)

Exclusively by Mel said...

I love this wonderful card, the colours are beautiful! love her hair :)
Happy Christmas lovely. xxx

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhhhh, another amazing creation! Love, love this gorgeous card and the various shades of purple!
Outstanding work, as always!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

AndreaBastelmaus said...

Hallo Chris,
was für eine schöne Karte. Ich bin total begeistert. Es gibt so viel zu entdecken und anzuschauen.
Ich wünsche dir einen schönen 4. Advent und ein frohes Weihnachtsfest.
Liebe Grüße von Andrea aus Deutschland

Pona said...

Ooooh, it´s a beautiful card. Very nice colours.Merry Christmas.
Pona

Marijke said...

Hi Chris!

WOW, This is Sooo GORGEOUSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and All the Best for the coming year!

Big Hugs,
Marijke

Monique said...

Awesome card Chris.

Hugs Monique

Yulis Kartika said...

Chris.. this is stunning and the real piece of art!!
just let you know something ..
this is I want to write on my wish,
...dear Santa, I've been good ..
may I borrow your sleigh ? I am dreaming to meet my friend Christine right now ...
LoL!!

Have a wonderful Christmas Chris!

Love,
Yulis

LAURA KANT said...

Another GORGEOUS Magnolia card!

Merry Christmas, Chris & family!

Hugs, Laura

Janice said...

Beautiful card Chris! Love the colors you used and how you used the negative of your die cuts for a stencil!! (have to remember that one!) Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails